Posted (edited)

Varrock Username: Guts

Timezone: Central

Where are you from? Austin, Texas

How long have you been part of the Varrock Community? Since 2 days before the release. 

How many hours do you spend online daily? 12+

Are you active in-game, discord, and our forums? Yes, I have them all 3 open on all 3 monitors at all times.

Why would you like to be part of the Varrock Staff Team? I find myself helping others as long as I'm online, I always have an answer for someone and I'm pretty quick to respond. I want to help further the growth of Varrock, Be a part of something great. I love the community and the staff, I think the server has a lot more potential and hopefully I can help be a part of staff in the future. 

What are some of the strengths you possess? Leadership, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Great Attitude.

What are some of your weaknesses you posses? Always wanting to help others before myself, Always giving. 

Please describe any experience in leadership or staff roles you currently have or had: I have leadership skills in real-life at my job, I am in charge of a 4 man crew doing concrete reinforcement. I have also been a DJ / Admin for a Habbo Hotel fan site. I hosted live giveaways and music requests, I was in charge of keeping track of other staff members, their weekly performances and handing them into the owner at the end of every week for his own personal analysis. I also promoted,demoted,banned,hired our staff members. 

Have you ever disagreed with a staff's (ingame moderating) action? If so, what would you have done as a Server Support in that situation?: I would ask for more information regarding the matter and any proof provided against the action, If we are still disagreeing I would get a 3rd or 4th opinion on the matter. 

A friend of yours comes to you complaining that he has been banned by another staff member, and wants you to find out why. Upon further investigation, you discover that you believe the ban is unjustified. Regardless of it being my friend or another player I've never talked to.. I'm going to handle the situation the same. I would ask the Staff Member who banned him for more details and proof regarding the ban on my friend so I can also have an opinion on the situation and possibly get a 3rd opinion, a 2 out of 3 vote or a discussion based on the matter and what should be done as a result. 

If there are a few users began saying "THIS CLIENT SUCKS!" and spamming it, what would you do? They are entitled to their opinions but if someone becomes a problem and is going against the rules by spamming it, I would 1st warn them and direct them toward the rules on the forums, If the user continues to break the rules I will mute the user for whatever time necessary.

Why should we choose to promote you as opposed to someone else's application? I've played Runescape since 2002, I have a high knowledge base of the game, I'm mature and friendly and have a high level of patience. I have time to play and get online whenever I'm needed, I keep discord on my phone so I'm always easy to get in contact no matter where I am. I am very friendly and easy to talk which I think makes me more approachable and helpful. 

What are some of the recognizable ways in which you helped the community? Everyday that I play someone has a question in the [Help] chat and I'm always there to answer their questions, and even gone as far as to take them to the location or give them the items necessary to do what they need to do. I vote twice a day and constantly encourage everyone else to vote so we can get this server more recognized and get new players! I love new players and really do enjoy helping them out, I know the server very well and have great knowledge based on the server itself. 

In a short paragraph, please briefly explain what you hope to bring to Varrock with this position and what you hope to achieve in the future: Well one thing that I really hope to bring to Varrock are new players mainly, If we can get new players that helps grow the community and with the community growing we can get more donations, more help with server, possibly discover new developers or staff members willing to help. I can bring new ideas to the table, community events, I love doing fun things for the community and helping the community, This will only encourage me even more.

Do you understand that if you break any rules, abuse power, fail to follow the Staff handbook, or turn out to be a horrendous Staff Member, you will be demoted and might have further actions taken against you depending on your offenses? Yes I do. 

Edited by Sleep

Good luck with your application Guts! 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.