Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Pat's Support Application

Varrock Username: Pat

Timezone: Central

Where are you from? USA, Chicago IL

How long have you been part of the Varrock Community? Around a month, i've been in the discord hyping release before it was out

How many hours do you spend online daily? I try to spend ATLEAST 3 on weekdays, on wekeends i'm online atleast 3-5+

Are you active in-game, discord, and our forums? I'm active in-game very much and try to help out, i'm always in the discord voice chats & text channels and forums I check once every other day or so.

Why would you like to be part of the Varrock Staff Team? I believe I can provide a huge variety of help to the server and make sure nobody has issues Support would be able to solve.

What are some of the strengths you possess? I'm near maxed out in skills, so I can help with almost any skill anyone has questions about, I've been around the community and most people know me as a familiar face.

What are some of your weaknesses you posses? I'm overgoing and when I set my eyes to do something i don't stop until it's perfected or near perfect, I try too hard to help people and don't focus on myself a lot. I try to help out other too much, but i'd be working on it.

Please describe any experience in leadership or staff roles you currently have or had: I've been staff on multiple servers that never made it or the owners / staff didn't have the drive to keep going, I see Varrock as a server that'll live and I'd like to be apart of that.

Have you ever disagreed with a staff's (ingame moderating) action? If so, what would you have done as a Server Support in that situation?: No, i've never been in the situation i'm very quiet usually unless somebody is asking for help in any of the channels /help or discord etc.

A friend of yours comes to you complaining that he has been banned by another staff member, and wants you to find out why. Upon further investigation, you discover that you believe the ban is unjustified. How do you handle that?  I talk to the other staff member and figure out what happened in his eyes / position, and if I still believe it was unjustified I bring it to a higher up, this doesn't only go with friends it's almost anybody in the server. 

If there are a few users began saying "THIS CLIENT SUCKS!" and spamming it, what would you do? I'd tell them to stop spamming and if they didn't stop I'd have to temp mute them, if they keep it up after the temp mute i'd mute longer until I bring it to higher ups, I'd also ask them why the client sucks, to see if they have found bugs, or ways to fix it with ideas etc.

Why should we choose to promote you as opposed to someone else's application? I'm experienced in the fields and I know what i'm doing with community and helping people out, I've been playing RuneScape and RSPS's since I was around 8, so I know a lot about it and have the ability to help a lot of people out.

What are some of the recognizable ways in which you helped the community? I've been answering common questions in the community chat or /help and i've also been giving tips / guides to people, I'm also working on videos for the server such as just highlights and clips of what the server holds to try to gain a bigger playerbase.

In a short paragraph, please briefly explain what you hope to bring to Varrock with this position and what you hope to achieve in the future:  I hope to bring one more active staff member that can help with almost any question. I already do bring that, but I'd like the title of people asking me more often. I also bring a fun and joyful spirit into the server, making people laugh and having plenty of jokes that a lot of people relate to. I'm willing to learn new skill and I'm also willing to do anything needed to make sure the playerbase is happy with the decisions of staff.

Do you understand that if you break any rules, abuse power, fail to follow the Staff handbook, or turn out to be a horrendous Staff Member, you will be demoted and might have further actions taken against you depending on your offenses? Yes, but I can promise none of this will ever be an issue and i'll use my powers for only good, I won't abuse, and I won't have favoritism. It'll be all fair game. 

Nice application but try to separate the questions from the answers a little bit! Good luck though! :)

Posted (edited)

Hey @Pat,

Your application is very hard to read and seems a bit off in my opinion.
A post with multiple different cases isn't something I'd like to see on an application. (that's out of your reach and might just be my opinion though)
I also haven't seen you actively help in-game yet.

Apart from all that, you seem like a nice guy with the intention to help others.
I'll stay neutral for now.

Best of luck with your application.

Edited by Nacyto

Discord Account: Nacyto#3577  Regular Account: Cleyax
e6c067d43f5d05c8cade1f676ed0f668.png

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this