Application Kartoonbaab

Posted (edited)

Varrock Username:

Kartoonbaab

Timezone:

CST

Where are you from?

Texas

How long have you been part of the Varrock Community?

Since about 2 weeks before launch day

How many hours do you spend online daily?

I try to log in about 3-5 hours, most days I am able to get way more than that, but on some days,  I am on during the late hours only. I am in grad school and during the summer I do have an internship coming up so I might not be on for a good week straight.

Are you active in-game, discord, and our forums?

In-game I am active as much as I can be. Discord I have always open and usually constantly check on everything going on. Forums I have not been as active as I would like to be but, in a way, I see discord as the main forum since most people do go there for any questions more often than the actual forums.

Why would you like to be part of the Varrock Staff Team?

I have seen a lot of people needing help and I feel I do the best of my ability to help. I would love to take some load of the current mods and let them divert their attention to fixing anything wrong with the server and not deal with common questions.

What are some of the strengths you possess?

I like to find an answer for everything even if it takes me more than a normal amount of time. I hate not having information for people if they need it. Information is a lifeline for me.

What are some of your weaknesses you posses?

I like to overthink some things, or I sometimes get a bit too confident in my knowledge. But if I am called out on it, I am willing to admit I was wrong and change what I know about said information.

Please describe any experience in leadership or staff roles you currently have or had:

I have had a few experiences, but my big ones are that I was a staff/mod on the number 1 TTT server in Gmod and I was staff/mod on number 1 Altis life server in ARMA 3. I have had some small-time positions in Minecraft and even rising storm 2 Vietnam. But in the real world, I am an athletic trainer and have, on many occasions, had to run the clinic during peak treatment hours.

Have you ever disagreed with a staff's (in-game moderating) action? If so, what would you have done as a Server Support in that situation?:

I have disagreed with one person (Sapphira) but he is gone now for reasons. I would talk to him (I tried to already) and get him to see what he did was wrong and how he went about it was wrong (the situation I am talking about is not the situation on why he left)

A friend of yours comes to you complaining that he has been banned by another staff member, and wants you to find out why. Upon further investigation, you discover that you believe the ban is unjustified. How do you handle that?

Well first I would let my friend know what I think and how it should have been dealt with, but then I would let them know I would speak to 1. The mod that issued the ban. And 2. A higher up to get involved as a middle party. Both sides of the story need to be heard and then from there deliberated on what should have and will be done. If the ban stands then I would let my friend know I tried my best, but the decision has been made.

If there are a few users began saying "THIS CLIENT SUCKS!" and spamming it, what would you do?

At first, I would talk them down and see if they can stop spamming in chat as that is annoying in itself. Then I would see what real concerns they had or if they were just trolling. If it persisted with no foreseeable end, then mutes would be issued for a small period. Once the mutes are lifted and it continues (if I have the power) a permanent mute would be issued. I would then relay everything that happened and what actions I took to a higher up and see if they would want to take it further.

Why should we choose to promote you as opposed to someone else's application?  

I believe I have adequate experience both IRL and in-game time of being a staff/mod. I have gone through questionable situations that put me on the spot, but I have prevailed through them. I have made my mistakes as a staff/mod member before and believe I have learned from them and can utilize what I have learned on this server. I like this server a lot and what to see it flourish. And to me, from past experiences, that goal starts with staff/mod’s that know how to deal with any situation in an appropriate manner.

What are some of the recognizable ways in which you helped the community?

Well since the server has not been up for too long, it is hard to come up with a significant situation that I helped, but for what I have done I feel it is a perfect ideal. I have helped many with any questions they have, hell I’ve helped people with questions that do not even pertain to RuneScape. Some have thanked me for the help, others take it as it is, but I still have the sense of accomplishment from helping them with their needs.

In a short paragraph, please briefly explain what you hope to bring to Varrock with this position and what you hope to achieve in the future:

I hope to bring a sense of knowledge from my past experiences as well as making the server more enjoyable for others. I also hope to help lighten the load on the current staff to make it easier for them. In the future, I would love to see this server flourishing and with me being able to help speed that agenda up by providing the utmost services I can.

Do you understand that if you break any rules, abuse power, fail to follow the Staff Handbook, or turn out to be a horrendous Staff Member, you will be demoted and might have further actions taken against you depending on your offenses?

Yes, I understand.

Edited by Kartoonbaab
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 7:12 PM, Kartoonbaab said:

bump

No need to bump the apps. If we are not replying to them it is because Apps are OFF for now.

C2nBqtK.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this