Ecstasy

Ecstasy - Support Team Application

Varrock Username:

Ecstasy / Fucc Ecstasy ( skilling alt)

Timezone:

GMT +5:30 

Where are you from?

India

How long have you been part of the Varrock Community?

From the beginning of the initial launch.

How many hours do you spend online daily?

4-7 hours at the moment

Are you active in-game, discord, and our forums?

I am pretty active on discord and ingame. Putting honest efforts into being active on forums as well.

Why would you like to be part of the Varrock Staff Team?

I have good knowledge of the server and i always portray a positive attitude regardless of the person/situation. I'm all in to have a wonderful experience in the game and would love to share my perspective and knowledge of the game to everyone hoping it would aid them in any way possible. By being on the team, i look to be able to spread a bit of knowledge AND positivity with the staff privileges. Also, the time-zone im in has barely any staff on so i'm looking to change that situation and be there during that time for the community.

What are some of the strengths you possess?

My strengths would include my attitude. I am able to communicate in a professional yet pleasant manner with the community and i believe this plays a great role when it comes to being a support staff. I also have great knowledge of the server as I've been on and off RSPS for over 10 years and I've been present on this server from the very beginning. I am also a very understanding and patient person, i am willing to spend time and effort when it comes to helping the community in the most efficient way possible. 

What are some of your weaknesses you posses?

sometimes im too laid back during situations but i do ensure that there are no consequences because of this but besides that i'd say i have no other weakness that would affect my role as part of the support team.

Please describe any experience in leadership or staff roles you currently have or had:

haven't had any staff role tbh, honestly never really applied. But in terms of leadership, ive been part of the core teams  for multiple events irl.

Why should we choose to promote you as opposed to someone else's application?

I wouldn't say i'm better than the other person but i would say that i bring something unique to the staff team. What is that? my personality. Also like i mentioned above, i'm in a completely different time-zone when most of the staff are not active, because of which, I strongly believe that this will be of huge help for the community.

What are some of the recognizable ways in which you helped the community?

Honestly, I have done nothing massive to help the community. I welcome as many new people as I can to the discord and point them in the direction to where they may need to go on the forums. I've pointed out one bug which I have noticed has now been fixed in time for server release which is great too.

In a short paragraph, please briefly explain what you hope to bring to Varrock with this position and what you hope to achieve in the future:

With this position i hope to bring a ton of positivity. I'm Looking to change the communities opinion on the staff team (due to previous drama/scenarios) as a whole. I hope to contribute to a great staff team resulting in a great community which will welcome new players and look to provide wandering players a community they can rely on. overall, im looking to contribute to a better varrock.

Do you understand that if you break any rules, abuse power, fail to follow the Staff handbook, or turn out to be a horrendous Staff Member, you will be demoted and might have further actions taken against you depending on your offenses?

Understood. I do not plan on abusing powers or breaking rules (staff or not)

I have edited the original template (which seems to have disappeared for some reason) and added a few more questions. Please put the questions with answers as a reply to my post.

Have you ever disagreed with a staff's (ingame moderating) action? If so, what would you have done as a Server Support in that situation?:

A friend of yours comes to you complaining that he has been banned by another staff member, and wants you to find out why. Upon further investigation, you discover that you believe the ban is unjustified. How do you handle that?

If there are a few users began saying "THIS CLIENT SUCKS!" and spamming it, what would you do?

Please answer the following two questions in a PRIVATE MESSAGE to MANA. Your answers are safe.

Link to profile: https://forums.varrock.org/profile/1070-mana/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjM1MCwiaWRfMiI6MTkxMX0=

Who do you think is currently the best Moderator? Why?

Who do you think is the currently the worst Moderator? Why?

I wish you the best of luck with this application. You seem like a good candidate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anne said:

I have edited the original template (which seems to have disappeared for some reason) and added a few more questions. Please put the questions with answers as a reply to my post.

Have you ever disagreed with a staff's (ingame moderating) action? If so, what would you have done as a Server Support in that situation?:

A friend of yours comes to you complaining that he has been banned by another staff member, and wants you to find out why. Upon further investigation, you discover that you believe the ban is unjustified. How do you handle that?

If there are a few users began saying "THIS CLIENT SUCKS!" and spamming it, what would you do?

Please answer the following two questions in a PRIVATE MESSAGE to MANA. Your answers are safe.

Link to profile: https://forums.varrock.org/profile/1070-mana/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjM1MCwiaWRfMiI6MTkxMX0=

Who do you think is currently the best Moderator? Why?

Who do you think is the currently the worst Moderator? Why?

I wish you the best of luck with this application. You seem like a good candidate.

Yes, But i wouldnt say what the staff did was wrong but he/she couldve handled the situation in a much more calm and composed way. I'm aware being staff on a server (Especially a new one) can be tedious but the reason a staff is appointed is to maintain composure in the community and to help players out. If it were me, id definitely ensure composure during tedious situations.

A friend of yours comes to you complaining that he has been banned by another staff member, and wants you to find out why. Upon further investigation, you discover that you believe the ban is unjustified. How do you handle that?.

I would treat my friend the same way i would treat anybody (as cliche as that sounds, its true) . i would direct him/her to approach the concerned staff and report the situation with adequate details so that it is taken care of the right way. In no way would i provide special consideration/privileges to my friends.

Firstly i would attempt to calm the situation down by asking the concerned players to stop spamming. I would try and show them the Unique side of Varrock in order to change their oopinions. But, in the end it is their opinion and i have little control over it. But i will ensure there will be no rule breaking by the concerned players and if there are any, adequate action will be taken to control the situation.In the end everybody is entitled to their opinion, you can not satisfy everybodys needs.

THANK YOU!

Very well made application, i like the seperation of your text from the answers and questions.
I wish you all gl with you application, and id like to get to know you some more.
Best regards,
Shrimpie

• Like 1

Nice application.

I really enjoyed the formatting aswell!

Gl with your app!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ecstasy said:

Point out who & what you would've done in the situation. Make sure we can recall which it was

• Like 1

C2nBqtK.gif

20 hours ago, Mana said:

Point out who & what you would've done in the situation. Make sure we can recall which it was

it is not one particular staff, I've noticed quiet a few.  I wouldn't want to point my finger at one particular staff based on my opinion. But if you insist, i can pm you their name (if i remember correctly) . Sorry if this isn't the answer you're looking for. 

Nice app. I've seen you a bit online. Didn't pay much attention if you were being helpful or not.  Gl to you nonetheless

• Like 1

Accepted & promoted to trial SS.

• Like 1

C2nBqtK.gif