Posted (edited)

Varrock Username: JosiahGR

Timezone: EST

Where are you from? Georgia, United States

How long have you been part of the Varrock Community? I have been a part of the community since May 19th.

How many hours do you spend online daily? I usually put in at least 4-5 hours a day, but due to work and girlfriend some days might be more limited then others. Although, I do keep an eye on the discord all day no matter where I am.

Are you active in-game, discord, and our forums? I am very active in-game, and I always keep discord open on my 2nd monitor also along with my phone. I am also active on the forums.

Why would you like to be part of the Varrock Staff Team? This server had a rough start, that I will admit. Over the last few days this server started to pick up the pieces with the new staff team and started to put together a server that everyone can and will enjoy. To continue with that, a large and trustworthy staff team is going to be needed to handle the heavy load of questions and concerns being thrown at them. With that being said, I feel as if I would be able to play an effective part in that staff team.

What are some of the strengths you possess? I have great skills dealing with people as I have been working customer service for the last 5 years of my life. I work well with a team, and I am pretty level headed. It takes a good bit to get me frustrated. Finally, I have the will and mentality to help those who need it in the server to make sure they have a fun and comfortable time playing on the server.

What are some of your weaknesses you posses? Some of my weaknesses include: being distracted easily, sometimes I get caught up in one thing too much and I don't focus on other things as much as I should be doing. Also, I tend to overthink many situations, but still try to accomplish the task.

Please describe any experience in leadership or staff roles you currently have or had: I have been working customer service for the last 5 years. I am active in working many events that go on within my church. My university has a discord server for the CS department and that I do moderate during the semester.

Why should we choose to promote you as opposed to someone else's application? My experience in customer service will help play a big part in me effectively helping people and dealing with rough situations that will come in the future.

What are some of the recognizable ways in which you helped the community? During launch, after I fixed my own .jar issue, I then proceeded to help others download the client. Also, people are always asking questions in game and I try my best to answer them when I can.  It may not seem like much, but the server has just went live and I am sure more reasons will pop up in the future. 

In a short paragraph, please briefly explain what you hope to bring to Varrock with this position and what you hope to achieve in the future: As of right now, there are more questions being brought in then the current staff can handle as they are busy improving the server. With the new additions through all the applications including mine, we will help answer all the questions users are asking so the higher-ups can focus on improving the server. Also, nothing is done alone the Staff team works together, and I am sure with the new group of support members coming in we will be able to help the server by helping those who need it.

Do you understand that if you break any rules, abuse power, fail to follow the Staff handbook, or turn out to be a horrendous Staff Member, you will be demoted and might have further actions taken against you depending on your offenses? Yes

Have you ever disagreed with a staff's (ingame moderating) action? If so, what would you have done as a Server Support in that situation?: No I have not. Never had an issue with staff personally yet. If the situation ever did happen, I would talk to them and try to reason with them, nothing is ever solved with arguing and bickering back and forth. As a "TEAM" if one person in the team disagrees with something you talk it out and find common ground. You then see if a different action could be taken or if the original action was correct. If I disagreed with a certain action performed by a moderator I could very well be wrong. Everyone has their own way of dealing with stuff, and its good to be wrong every once and a while.

A friend of yours comes to you complaining that he has been banned by another staff member, and wants you to find out why. Upon further investigation, you discover that you believe the ban is unjustified. How do you handle that? Every situation has multiple sides to each story, even though the ban was unjustified I would still want to talk to the staff member that issued the ban and see what happened. After getting all the facts, I would being it up with another staff member to see what should have happened to the player and see if we could get the player unbanned since the ban was unjustified. 

If there are a few users began saying "THIS CLIENT SUCKS!" and spamming it, what would you do? Im not too sure as of what the powers support members will have, but to start off talking to them and trying to figure what is wrong would be first. If they continue to keep trashing the server, the players would be muted and anything regarding a ban would be taken to the moderators or the Administration. Anyways, before a ban would even be thought of, I would try to talk to through pms and if that doesnt work I would send all the facts up the chain and see what they wanna do to deal with the users.

*EDITED TO INCLUDE NEW QUESTIONS*

Edited by JosiahGR

This looks like a great application and I wish you the best of luck with it!

• Like 1

Thanks Man! I appreciate it!

5 hours ago, Adam said:

This looks like a great application and I wish you the best of luck with it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JosiahGR said:

How many hours do you spend online daily? I usually put in at least 4-5 hours a day, but due to work and girlfriend some days might be more limited then others. Although, I do keep an eye on the discord all day no matter where I am.

Nice to see that you have other commitments outside of Varrock. 

Easy to read and taken time into the application.

Good luck further with the application.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ironman said:

Nice to see that you have other commitments outside of Varrock. 

Easy to read and taken time into the application.

Good luck further with the application.

Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words!

I have edited the original template and added a few more questions. Please put the questions with answers as a reply to my post.

Have you ever disagreed with a staff's (ingame moderating) action? If so, what would you have done as a Server Support in that situation?:

A friend of yours comes to you complaining that he has been banned by another staff member, and wants you to find out why. Upon further investigation, you discover that you believe the ban is unjustified. How do you handle that?

If there are a few users began saying "THIS CLIENT SUCKS!" and spamming it, what would you do?

Please answer following questions in a PRIVATE MESSAGE to MANA. Your answers are safe.

Link to profile: https://forums.varrock.org/profile/1070-mana/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjM1MCwiaWRfMiI6MTkxMX0=

Who do you think is currently the best Moderator? Why?

Who do you think is the currently the worst Moderator? Why?

Looks like a nice application. Good luck!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Done. New question have been added and the PM was sent to Mana.

----EDIT----

If any answers need further explanation, I will be able to answer them tonight once I am done with work at 11 PM EST. 

Edited by JosiahGR

Nothing to say on this one. Every question fits what i was expecting. Great work & good luck on the app.

• Like 1

C2nBqtK.gif

29 minutes ago, Mana said:

Nothing to say on this one. Every question fits what i was expecting. Great work & good luck on the app.

Thank you Mana. I appreciate it!

Not had the chance to see you in game or chat, but good luck with the application.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Blist said:

Good Luck Josiah! Nice application!

53 minutes ago, Joey said:

Not had the chance to see you in game or chat, but good luck with the application.

I see you around. I dont speak unless absolute necessary when it comes to helping or goofing around. I spend most of my time grinding and enjoying the game.

3 minutes ago, JosiahGR said:

I see you around. I dont speak unless absolute necessary when it comes to helping or goofing around. I spend most of my time grinding and enjoying the game.

Yeah that's fair enough :) 

• Thanks 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.