Sign in to follow this  
Edwin

Edwin/William's Support Application

Posted (edited)

Hi, I'm Edwin. Long time since I played RSPS seriously but seems like this will be my home for the coming months+, just thought I would throw out a support application and give it a shot, I was also one of the support staff from pre-reset Varrock)

Varrock Username: William (Formerly Edwin)

Timezone: Usually CEST but until Sunday I will be in GMT+7 due to living in Indonesia right now.

Where are you from?

I'm from Sweden.

How long have you been part of the Varrock Community?

I've been a member of the community since the initial launch day

How many hours do you spend online daily?

Since I am a web-developing consultant, I tend to spend 8-15 hours a day online.

Are you active in-game, discord, and our forums?

Yes I am, I am known as Edwin or "One" on Discord, but since the server reset I have had to take the name "William" due to someone sniping my name.

Why would you like to be part of the Varrock Staff Team?

The majority of the servers I have played in my days I have somehow been involved in the staff or management team, usually this leads me to take the game more seriously but I also enjoy helping others, I believe I would be an great addition to the staff team.

What are some of the strengths you possess?

While I believe I have many strengths due to my background in startups and web-development, the one that would be the most fitting for a position like this is:

Loyalty, I am a very loyal person, I stay true to those around me and always keep a good spirit when around them.

Stress Capable, I am able to handle a lot of pressure under stress.

Friendly, while being a staff is about being professional and handle situations that require certain actions that users may not like, I'm always very friendly.

What are some of your weaknesses you posses?

While some wouldn't see it as an weakness, but for this type of application I guess it is an weakness, I got a very demanding social life, usually tend to be busy throughout the weekends as weekdays I sit at the computer 24/7, so I like to take time off for my friends, family and my potential future girlfriend on the weekends.

Please describe any experience in leadership or staff roles you currently have or had:

I was a support staff on Rune-Nova & Telos which is from the creators of Alotic.

I was a Senior Moderator on OSRune, known as Edwin, this server is also from the creators of Alotic.

I was a Moderator on Alotic, known as Edwin.

I run two startups which I work as the developer but also as the community manager, I founded altpocket.io which is a social network for cryptocurrencies, this community consists of 120K users and our discord server has over 6k users.

The second startup is Legend.gg which is a tournament platform for Apex Legends, it has over 5k users and our discord consists of 2k users.

So leadership is pretty much my day to day work, aside from my development tasks.

Why should we choose to promote you as opposed to someone else's application?

I believe I would be an great addition to the team but I also think that my experience and background from running multiple successful startups and communities that are not RS related could be great help to the management team.

What are some of the recognizable ways in which you helped the community?

So far I haven't gotten time to help the community out, but as soon as the server launches I am sure that there will be plenty of people who can vouch for me.

In a short paragraph, please briefly explain what you hope to bring to Varrock with this position and what you hope to achieve in the future:

I hope to bring a lot of support to the coming community through helping users, but also support to the management team either through web-development or just some feedback regarding actions that can improve Varrock as a brand due to my background. I also hope to perhaps climb the ladder in the highscores but also in the staff team.

Do you understand that if you break any rules, abuse power, fail to follow the Staff handbook, or turn out to be a horrendous Staff Member, you will be demoted and might have further actions taken against you depending on your offenses?

I was lucky enough to be a Support Staff before the incident with the reset and I fully understand and agree with all of the points mentioned.

Edited by Edwin

Mentionning other RsPS . Denied.

C2nBqtK.gif