Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Nick's [whatever position] staff application

Hi everyone.

Below you will find my application for staff, all jokes aside this is a 100% serious application and reflects my goals, interests and aspirations as a potential member of the Varrock staff team. To the application --

Varrock Username:
Nick (hopefully).
Timezone:
Eastern Standard (UTC -5)
Where are you from?:
I was born in Chicago, lived for awhile in STL and within the past few years moved to NYC. I live in an apartment complex with the Server Manager, @Zio.
How long have you been a part of the Varrock Community?:
Since shortly after Zio joined, as he told me about it. I'm not the most active person but I have the ability to act professionally and provide timely feedback, alongside my critical decision making skills.
Are you active in-game, on discord, and on the forums?:
Increasingly so, but as I stated above I'm not the most active person. I do put my personal life and work before Varrock. I think everyone should unless of course this is their job.
Why would you like to be part of the Varrock staff team?:
I've never had a problem with being a staff member, I just usually strayed away from/declined positions of power in the past due to the community, if I am honest. I was offered a staff position (and held one) on a server I currently play that has been running for 1.5+ years. I quickly removed myself from staff level duties due to the playerbase and it's toxicity. I have yet to run into that toxicity here, so, honestly, I'd like to give this server's staff team a shot. I think I have some serious value to add. I believe @Jacoband @Monk Bird would vouch for my good character.
What are some strengths you posses?:
Critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, humor (yes, that's a skill), the ability to form coherent sentences, and I will tell you like it is. I'm not a sugarcoater. If you're looking for someone who butters everything up and pretends the world is all sunshine and rainbows, then I would advise you to disregard this staff application.

What are some of your weaknesses you posses?:
I think "telling it like it is" can be both a weakness and a strength. I also have a lot of priorities that come before Varrock - school, work, my personal life (to name a few).
Please describe any experience in leadership roles you currently have or have had:
I listed this above, but I'll recap - I was a moderator (with admin acc access and forum administrator access) on a currently running server with an average playercount of 50+ for several months. I resigned/removed myself from the equation due to toxicity of the server and its administration. I am also a manager IRL at my job, where I work for the 4th busiest location of my particular business in the entirety of the United States (of which there are 2,200 locations).
Why should we choose to promote you as opposed to someone else's application?:
I am significantly more mature (when necessary) than probably 99% of the entire RSPS community. That in an of itself should speak volumes.
What are some recognizable ways in which you've helped the community?: I'm talkative on discord, and I've mentioned the server to a few buddies. I have not made any significant impact however, if I am completely honest.
In a short paragraph, please briefly explain what you hope to bring to Varrock in this position and what you hope to achieve in the future?:
Honestly, I just want to bring the staff team piece of mind and the playerbase the same. I dislike servers where the two communities are separated from each other and I think I can bring a sense of union to the likes of both. I also bring alongside me professionalism and perfectionism which I believe both go a long way in changing the overall experience for the better.
Do you understand that if you break and rules, abuse your power, fail to follow the Staff handbook, or end up being a horrendous staff member you will be demoted and might have further actions taken against you depending on the severity of your offense?:
Of course.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application,

Nick

• Like 1

Truly a great member of our community with incredible ingame knowledge to back it up. Although your clan recruitment may show otherwise, I can guarantee from personal experience you are serious in this application and could benefit the server greatly as apart of our staff team. Best of luck Nick.

After knowing Nick for well over a year and working together previously as a staff member there is no doubt in my mind that you would be an outstanding staff member. Once you dedicate yourself to a server, you always give it 150% effort and that's one of the things I admire most about you.

Best of luck Nickie!

Good luck with your application man.

1 hour ago, BenDaProdigy said:

Good luck with your application man.

4 hours ago, Bot said:

I vouch for you Nickelodeon.

4 hours ago, Bodhi said:

Great app man, good luck! 

4 hours ago, Buns said:

Truly handsome 👌👌👌

4 hours ago, Monk Bird said:

After knowing Nick for well over a year and working together previously as a staff member there is no doubt in my mind that you would be an outstanding staff member. Once you dedicate yourself to a server, you always give it 150% effort and that's one of the things I admire most about you.

Best of luck Nickie!

5 hours ago, Jacob said:

Truly a great member of our community with incredible ingame knowledge to back it up. Although your clan recruitment may show otherwise, I can guarantee from personal experience you are serious in this application and could benefit the server greatly as apart of our staff team. Best of luck Nick.

Thank you all for the kind words!!

• Like 1

I agree for whatever position role - create a janitor role pls.

Player left i believe. Moved. will be reopen if you are still playing.

C2nBqtK.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this